Here is how we set starting salaries for employees, along with a few guidelines about our student engagements.
Pay setting and review process
- Your starting salary is set according to a basic scale – we have to start somewhere.
- You will have access to everyone else’s salary.
- At end of a 30 week Beta period, your salary is reviewed by your peers. These are the people you have interacted with most closely during your probation.
- Salaries are also reviewed by peers annually at end of June.
Guiding policy for remuneration
- We think we pay competitively when benchmarked against the best in our industry.
- After your Beta period, salaries at Satalia should reflect peer evaluated contribution, not age, role, experience or qualifications.
- Your contribution is evaluated by your peers personal experiences, a range of objective data and and a higher than average level of open information.
- We call the students who work with us Alphas.
- Dissertation projects, module projects and self learning projects are unpaid.
- Students accepted for paid internships will be paid according to our Full Time Equivalent salary scale below, which is based on their current level of academic study.
- Students can work full time during the spring and summer holiday period and for a maximum of 20 hours per week at all other times.
Starting salary scale
||Full Time Equivalent Salary
||1st year Undergraduate
||2nd year Undergraduate
||3rd year Undergraduate
||4th year Undergraduate
||Masters (still enrolled)
||3 years Bachelors Graduate
||4 years Bachelors Graduate
||Early stage PhD / Two Masters
||Late stage PhD / Three Masters
||PhD Graduate (3 years)
||One Postdoc (or extended PhD)
|Relevant Industry Experience per Full Time Year
|Satalia Experience per Full Time Year (including internships)